Monday, April 13, 2015

Week #37 - DO IT & THEN SOME

Hard to believe that EXACTLY one year ago today.......Hannah
and Marissa went outside to take pictures so Hannah could have a
picture to submit with her mission papers........
It was a fast week. Super-fast. Hermana Gonzalez and I have been talking a lot about service and how we want to serve our investigators more because we just love them and want them to have happier days! With ALL of our investigators (and everyone in general...) if you ask to do service for them, they will always say no. It’s super annoying. I mean we have 4 extra willing hands! So, we have decided to just start working for them. Just walk into their homes and clean!
This Thursday we went to go teach Lourdes. She is one of my all-time favorite people. Anyways we noticed that she was hurrying to get her cleaning done so she could get to class. We decided to take action and fight her for her broom and cleaning supplies. I literally took the broom out of her hand. She wouldn’t let us. But eventually, she let us clean for her! (It took about 10 minutes of convincing....) we cleaned everything and were covered in mud and sweat, but it’s okay because we were happy!
I was reading a lot about how I can be a better servant and how I can become more like Christ and I read a story about a missionary that always said, “Do it & then some.”  I am trying to apply that to my missionary life. The “and then some” is some more service. Every week we have the opportunity to make new goals and improve ourselves. One of my goals is to do more service for the families we eat lunch with or the people we teach. So if that means taking the broom out of my investigators hands, I am going to do it.
Anyways, one of my goals for this week is doing my work & then some! So everyone, remember when we serve others we are serving God (Mosiah 2:17) DO IT & THEN SOME. You will be happy!





This is the actual picture that she submitted with
her missionary paperwork......

(Since Hannah was once again not able to send pictures today......
I decided to do a "flashback" to 13 April 2014.)

No comments:

Post a Comment