Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Week #19 - ¡tengo 20 años en argentina!


this is one of my favorite families here in argentina.
 the familia balbuena! they made lunch for me on my birthday!
WOW. Thank you all for the emails. You have no idea how happy that made me. I shed a few tears not going to lie... I just love you all so much!

birthday celebrations in AR! ice cream from hector... haha

This week has been GREAT! We had transfers and I was super nervous because I had to leave my mom (my trainer hna moreno.) My new companion is Hermana Tapia! She is 31 years old from Argentina! I have already learned so much from her just in the 6 days that I have been with her. i just love her already. 

Anyways we had a cool experience this week. Yesterday I studied about how we can have more service opportunities in the streets. I prayed and prayed that Heavenly Father would send me a family that needed help so that we can teach them......Heavenly Father sent me a sweet birthday present because there was a family that needed our help. They were walking in the street and they were carrying a bunch of stuff. We asked if we could help them and they said "no, it's okay", but they were touched about our willingness to help them. We are going to teach them this week!
me and the cute hat i have to wear
It was such a good birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present! I am just so happy to be here and to meet so many new people! Never would I have thought a year ago from today that I would be spending my 20th birthday in Argentina!
Thanks again for the love and support and for all the emails! I love you all so much!
Hermana Murphy


familia balbuena again... because i love them

hermana gonzalez went home this week. i love her!

this picture was shared to me by the cute Hermana that Hannah is standing next to.  THANKS!

Note from Heather:
I want to thank EVERYONE from the bottom of my heart for sending Hannah so many fun birthday emails.  You can tell from her message above just how touched she was.  It's the little things when you are so far away.  On another happy note, the small package that Rick and I sent her about five weeks ago arrived safe and sound.  She now has some music, new crocs and sour patch watermelons to enjoy for the next six months until we can send her another package!  WOOT!

AND........In case you were wondering........we also had a fun night celebrating Hannah's big 20th last night in downtown Portland.  Hannah and Maddie were able to "be there too"........kind of!  We had fun carrying on our yearly tradition with the Schnell, Francis and Batten families!  

Here are a few pictures from Hannah's big night........PDX Style........

Elder Michael Schnell, Maddie and Hannah at Chipotle for a birthday dinner

We sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Hannah.......and ate Cheesecake Factory
Cheesecake, Cake Balls and Hannah's all time favorite....Rice Krispies Treats!
Maddie and Hannah heading down to Santaland.......(get it?  "Head"ing down?)
(That is really for Hannah........I am sure she misses my puns...)
Collin is a good sport!! (This is actually why I made "Flat Stanley's"
of Maddie and Hannah.  I didn't want Collin to be alone in the picture.
Hannah Batten........being Hannah Murphy
Here are all of the kids......except Maddie, Hannah, Ben, Hailey & Luke
(I am glad there are some littles still around.......because otherwise it would
make me cry that everyone is growing up ......and leaving!)
Awww....we DID get a family picture this year after all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment