Monday, October 6, 2014

Week #10 - This Week........Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

First off, this week flew by. I appreciate all of your prayers and thoughts, they mean the world to me! Seriously. Thank you. This week has been so great. It was so fun to experience conference in a different country! Although we did watch it in English. We were able to watch it with the Mission President and his sweet wife (who by the way are the coolest people in the world...) and it was a blast. As we were watching conference in English, one Elder walked in late, and President La Pierre said, "Welcome to America!!!" It was so awesome. We had about 20 in the English group. It was so fun. I just love conference. For a missionary, it is like Christmas. 
 
It is so cool how conference will answer so many questions! I went into conference with 5 questions about my life, and they were all answered. If you do not do that for conference, I suggest that you do it for the next one. I challenged my companion, Hermana Moreno, to do it, and she received answers almost immediately!  It is so cool how the Spirit works! I went into conference with some things in my mind about myself, investigators, and family members. I cannot tell you how much I love conference. It is the best!
 
One of my favorite talks was the talk that was the last talk given by David A. Bednar. I loved the story of his two boys and how they cleaned themselves up and then went to share the ointment and bandages with their friends because it made them feel better. I cannot tell you how true this is to my life. There have been so many times that I have been down or sad, and this gospel has helped me. However, I was not always the best at sharing it. Now, I am here, serving a mission bringing people the spiritual ointment and bandages. It feels good. This gospel truly has healing power. Why would we NOT want to share that with our friends?!?! To all reading this, I challenge you to give your friends the spiritual healing that you love so much. It will change their lives because it has changed mine.
 
Other things I enjoyed from conference were the numerous talks about the importance of family and teaching correct principles in the home. I had an experience a few years ago that I want to share that relates to this topic. Something that will forever stick out in my mind is a conversation I had with a family friend right when the mission age was changed. My family was at a missionary homecoming for a family friend. I was talking to the mother, Corrine Andrus and she said something that I think about often while I have been here. She said, "think about how strong these families are going to be because both of the parents have served missions." I love that. One of the reasons that I am here is because I want my future family to benefit from this as well. I have only been here a short time, but I am learning how I can be a better example for my family now and in the future! Sorry for the random thought, I just love families, especially my forevers!!!
 
Some sad news regarding Jorge... He cannot be baptized because he has an illegal job. He is going to continue coming to church, so we will see what happens. We did however commit THREE. I repeat THREE people to baptism! Two of them are the parents to the father Pereyra in my ward here. (My Argentine Family!) Their names are Ramona and Mario Pereyra. They are grandparents of many, so it was fun to talk about how they can be with their family members for forever. I am so happy whenever I talk or teach about the family, because I just love my family so much!!! That was probably one of the biggest highlights of my week.
 
Our other investigator that has committed to baptism is Samanta. She is 18 years old and is in college. She is a doll. She loves learning more about the gospel and it is so cool to see her understand what we are teaching!!
 
This week has been so great and I truly appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers. You all are in my thoughts and prayers too. Have the best week everyone!!! Miss you and love you all more than you could possibly comprehend!
 

Hermana Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment