Monday, September 29, 2014

Week #9 - What. A. Week.

(The picture was taken on 30 July 2014....exactly two months tomorrow!!)

This week has been CRAZY! Crazy good of course. Last Monday I was having a hard day, and pretty much last week was hard for me. We had FHE with a family in our ward and it totally made my whole day! The Father, Hermano Pereyra is the taxi driver for the whole mission. He. Is. An. Angel. Actually, his whole family are angels. I just love them!!! 
When we got to their house, he was telling me that when he saw me, he knew that I was needed in this ward-- he called me an angel. It seriously made me tear up a little. These people are so sweet. I also have so much love for their daughter, Astrella. She is 6 and always wears my name badge. She says: "Soy Hermana Murphy!!!!!" It is so darn cute. I love her. Anyways, as we were leaving, he told me that I was apart of his family forever! I just love these people here. They are good people. 

We have been teaching a man named Jorge Garcia and it has been going well. He is having a hard time quiting smoking. but he is trying and I know that Heavenly Father appreciates that. When we first started teaching him, he was smoking 5 cigarettes a day. Now he is at 2-3 a day! It is so exciting. Another cool thing that happened when we were teaching the WOW was I had this thought to read him a talk from the Liahona about addictions and how Jesus Christ can always help us. It was so cool. The thought just came into my head. I know it was from the Holy Ghost. Anyways, Jorge is getting baptized on the 22 of October!! I am going to sing at the baptism. You all might laugh, but here, I have the voice of David Johnson. No one here can sing so pretty much I am the Angel of Music. haha. (joking... Dave will always and forever be the angel of music) (Heather note:  This line cracks me up.  We have always called Dave "The Angel of Music" because of his beautiful singing.......and his love for singing songs from Phantom of the Opera.  It cracked me up since she referenced him in her letter.  I'm sure he will feel honored!  Haha)



We have been teaching a girl named Johanna and she will be getting baptized in 2 weeks! It is so exciting. She has taken the lessons really well and loves learning more. She even has been attending seminary. Muy Capo. 

Hermana Moreno and I walk probably 4-6 miles a day in the mud and it is really crazy. I never thought I would say this, but I love crocs more than anything. They have literally saved my feet here!!! (Heather note: I guess I know what I should try and send Hannah for Christmas!  These are the lovely little beauties that she is sporting in Argentina these days)
One thing that I have been focusing on is really coming to know and understand our Savior. That is one thing that I have wanted to really come to know with me being here. I know our Savior. I challenge you all to find your relationship with our Savior. This is the perfect opportunity because this week is Conference!!!! I am so excited to hear the words of the Prophet! This week be thinking of things that you want to find out through Conference! I know your questions will be answered if you really pay attention :)

Remember: Scriptures that are falling apart belong to someone who isn´t :)

Everyone have the best week and thank you so much for the love and support! It means the world to me! :) 

Hermana Murphy


No comments:

Post a Comment