Monday, September 22, 2014

Week #8 - From Posadas With Love.......

Muddy Posadas (or as Hannah says...Mucho Barro) (OR as I say......looks very wet like Oregon....glad the boots came in handy!!  Not to mention the Columbia coat!  That is a similar outfit that Hannah would wear here in Oregon between the months of October and May)


Hola Friends and Family!!!!
I hope you all have been well. I appreciate the time you all spend on sending letters and emails. It means the world to me. This week has been really hard for me. But if I could take one thing from this week it is that God is real and the Atonement is for all of us. As I was reading from the Ensign, I came upon this quote by Dallin H. Oaks. It says, "Jesus Christ knows of our anguish, and He is there for us. Like the good Samaritan in His parable, when He finds us wounded at the wayside, He binds up our wounds and cares for us. Brothers and sisters, the healing power of the Atonement is for you, for us, for all." Isn´t that so true? The Atonement is for all of us. For any problem. As Elder Holland said, "Jesus Christ walked a long lonely path utterly alone, so that we do not have to." Christ is going to help us feel better when we are at our lowest points. During this past week, I have seen this work in my life. I am a firm believer in God sends us guardian angels. I have been able to meet a few people here that will forever be in my heart. Hermana León, Hermana Rios, and Valentina Rios. They are so positive and supportive, I just love them. 

 Hannah's area - Barrio Jardin


Downtown Posadas          

Now, Valentina is probably my favorite. She is 4 years old and follows me around everywhere. We visit the Rios family almost everyday because their house is on the way to other investigators houses. Anyways, she always shows me her drawings and wants me to play games with her. She is such a doll. I seriously love these people!!
We have committed 3 people to baptism this week! It is so exciting seeing people change their life for Christ and to gain a strong bond with God. It really touches my heart. This is all of our goals in this life!
Yesterday at church we had 200 people come! It was so awesome. It is a really big ward considering there are not too many members in our mission. These people are good people. They know how to love. I love that these people are so interested in the family. It makes teaching lessons much easier :)
I love these people and the gospel!!!
Thank you again for love and support. You all are awesome:)
Hermana Murphy



YAY!!  This week Hannah was able to include a lot of pictures. ENJOY!

 Hannah's companion Hermano Moreno from Ecuador!
Cute girls.  Looks like Hermano Moreno has learned Hannah's favorite "thumbs up" pose!  haha!  AND......their apartment doesn't look so bad does it?


 Hannah with two tiny missionaries (this picture makes me smile.)  Hannah has ALWAYS been taller than most of her friends.  I just love this picture!  You can tell she loves the people she has met.


These pictures below are of her group traveling from Buenos Aires to Posadas.  Looks like a happy group!



No comments:

Post a Comment