Friday, August 29, 2014

Week #4 - 4 WEEKS DOWN, 11 Days to Go!!!

This may just be my favorite picture so far!!!

HOLA!!!

How is everyone doing? Thank you all so much for the letters and notes AND packages. I am so blessed! This week has been so great. It went by so fast!! 

 Blissionairies (Get it Marissa?)

Makes my heart smile......

The highlight of my week was seeing Maren! I saw her exactly a week ago and not going to lie, I shed a few tears. I also ran into Elder Gavin Smith and Elder Logan Sackley. I went to high school with Gavin and knew Logan from stake dances. Bless those dances. It is SO much fun seeing people you know. 

Hans, Gavin & Maren

Anyways, it was the last week with some of my favorite people. They all left for Argentina or Ecuador. It was so hard saying bye to them but I cannot wait to be pen pals with them! They left us on early Monday morning so it has been a weird couple of days without them. 

Cool story, we found out that Janice Kapp Perry wrote a version of As Sisters in Zion for sister missionaries. Make sure you pass along the news to Missy. She would love that. haha, no one will understand how much I love Janice Kapp songs! Another cool thing, there is this girl that lives right below us that looks EXACTLY like Tali. It is so cute. I will for sure take a picture with her. It is scary how much they look alike. 

This Sunday, I was asked to speak in church. Yep, it was en Español. It was pretty much the most terrifying thing in my life but I did it!! I am pretty sure I only said um twice too!!! Every week we have to prepare a talk and you never know who will go up and actually have to speak. Murphy's law, it was me. 

This Sunday I will be leading the music. For those of you who have no idea, leading music is the second to worst thing to do in sacrament meeting. But, when you are companions with the music director, you have to do those things. haha! 

Every Monday we teach members that served in a Spanish speaking mission or who just know Spanish. This week Hermana Wilson and I skyped a girl from Panama. Her name was Astrid. She was DARLING. Every time we said something correct in Spanish she would clap her hands and say yay!! That's how I feel when I say something right too!! 


Yesterday, we were host missionaries for all the new people! It was SO fun. I am SO glad I am not in their position. That was easily one of the hardest days of the mission for sure! I am so glad I am here right now and that I am LEAVING FOR ARGENTINA IN 11 DAYS!!!! We get our travel plans tomorrow! I know I will cry when I am holding it in my hands! I am so darn excited!! 

We have been teaching this "investigator" named Alex. He has been the most difficult for sure. Anyways, yesterday Hermana Wilson and I had the BEST lesson in the whole world. It was amazing. I know Heavenly Father was helping me. So blessed for His help!! 

We will be going to the temple in about 2 hours. It is so much fun going to the temple with all of my favorite people!! It is the best. Our P Days are just as long, if not longer than our other days. We get up at 5:30 am to do laundry and then write letters, go on a run, get ready, clean our apartment, etc. It is crazy but fun. I am pretty sure I like P Day Eve better than I like P Day. It is weird to think that next week will be our last P Day! 

Cannot even wait to be in Argentina!! :) More importantly, I cannot wait to preach to the people waiting in Argentina. I am so excited to go on this journey and spread the good word! :)


Thank you so much for your love and support everyone, I appreciate it more than anything! I am so blessed to receive your letters and love! Love you all and have the best week!!! 

Hermana Murphy


More photos from Hermana Hannah:

 Hermana Erickson & Hermana McKnight

 This looks like an album cover to me.......
(These three have gotten to be SO CLOSE!!)

 The little seamstress......(Mimi will be so proud!)

 Hans & Hermana Shumway doing a good deed!

 Elder Tracy (I met his mom in IKEA in Draper the day after we took Hans to the MTC.)  Apparently.....he reminds Hannah of Collin......A LOT!  

Dos Hermanas! They look so happy!

P.S.  I got an extra little treat this week from Hannah!  On Tuesday (as I was in a mandatory teacher inservice meeting) my phone vibrated and I saw that it was a number from Utah because of the "801" area code.  My heart skipped a beat as I grabbed my phone to head out of the meeting to answer the call.  LUCKILY Hannah has never taken the time to memorize her Social Security Number so she had about a 15 minute window and then needed to go and get fingerprinted again for an additional visa for Paraguay.......AND she needed her SSN.  AND.......bummer for her (haha), I didn't know it off the top of my head so I ran home and got it and got to talk to her AGAIN......that's right.........TWICE in one day!  It was probably a total of less than 5 minutes, BUT it made my whole week!  She sounded GREAT and is loving life! What a great present for me!!  

And speaking of presents...........last week I sent Hannah and her district a little "Happy Halfway" box of goodies!  Here is a picture of them all enjoying the treats!!  


1 comment: