Thursday, August 7, 2014

Week #1 - Hannah's First Letter from the Provo MTC

Here is Hannah's very first email (besides a two sentence email telling us that THURSDAY will be her Pday while in the MTC.)

Enjoy!!


Hermana Herrera, Hannah and Hermana Shumway at the MTC

I HAVE MADE IT 8 DAYS AT THE MTC!!!! The first two days were so crazy. Pretty much the longest days of my life. I was so tired and it was easily the hardest thing I have ever done. 

Okay so Spanish is so beautiful and I absolutely LOVE IT! We have taught our investigator, Felix Rivas, 5 times in the past week EN ESPANOL! It is so crazy that I can speak this language now. I can pray, testify, give a talk, and have short conversations all in Spanish. It is amazing what the spirit can do for you. 

My companion is Hermana Wilson. She is the girl I found on facebook before we got here. She is cool. 


Hermana Wilson and Hannah (I think!)

In my district we have 2 going to Calgary, Canada (Elder Fitzgerald and Elder Battenfifeld), 2 going to Bolivia (Elder Tracy & Elder Butts), (YES MOM ELDER TRACY IS IN MY DISTRICT!!! WE FREAKED OUT FOR 10 MINUTES WHEN WE READ THAT LETTER) He is awesome and I totally am so lucky to have him in my district! 4 Hermanas going to Salta, Argentina (H.Herrera, Shumway, Erickson, McKnight.) and then 4 going to the celestial mission, POSADAS!!! (H. Wilson & ME, E. Gardner, E. Christeansen) I have gotten super close with my district and zone! I love them all so much we have had such a great week filled with laughter, tears, and the spirit!!! We sang in the choir on Tuesday at the devotional which was really fun! It has been so fun learning and feeling the spirit every day. I have the coolest teacher, Brother Croft. He went to Washington DC South Spanish speaking. He has helped me memorize so many things. He is awesome! 

I have been thinking a lot about how awesome missionaries are and I have so much gratitude for the ones that have inspired me to serve! So so SO grateful that the missionaries taught my dads family or I would not be here. Kind of a cool chain reaction right?? 

I am so blessed for this opportunity and I love it this work so much! I have seen two girls form BYUI that I had class with, one girl from my ward at BYUI, AND I was in the same zone as a boy that lived at Nauvoo House. 

We have gym time every day and we have been playing quite a lot of four square. I am reliving my Jacob Wismer days. We are in classes for 9 hours a day, but I actually like it a lot. The first three hours are teaching (you only teach for 45 minutes), then you go to lunch, then you have class with your teacher, then you go to dinner, THEN you have 1 hour of personal study, 1 hour of companionship study, and one hour of language study. As you can see, my brain is fried by the end of the day! But, nothing makes me happier than wearing my Savior's name over my heart!! La Iglesia es Verdedero!!!!! :) 

Love you all so much! thank you for your support and love!

Hermana Hannah

If you want to write Hannah here is her address at the Provo MTC:

Hermana Hannah Laine Murphy
SEP09 ARG-POS
2023 N 900 E Unit 845
Provo, Utah 84602

You can also use dearelder.com  It is AWESOME!

If you use dearelder.com:

1. For now, select "Provo MTC" from the drop box (you can switch to her actual mission when she leaves the MTC to go to Argentina.....and they will still deliver your letters for free through the churches pouch mail system. It will take 10-14 days to receive letters once she is in Argentina.)

2.  Select "Hermana" from the drop down box

3.  Then type her first and last name

4.  Her unit # is 845

5.  Her mission code is ARG-POS

6.  Her estimated MTC departure code is SEP08


You can also email Hannah.  Her email address for the next 18 months is hmurphy@myldsmail.net


Good luck!  And thanks for writing her......I know that she is LOVING receiving mail in the MTC!!

XOXO
-Heather







1 comment: