Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week #2 - Missionary Training Center (MTC) Life

Hannah sounds SUPER and the work is going well.  Crazy to think that in 3 1/2 weeks she will be on her way to Argentina (fingers crossed--haven't heard any updates about her visa.  I am going with "no news is good news.")


Hola mi familia y amigos!! 

I absolutely love the MTC! I have met friends that I will for sure be friends with forever. I was thinking about how cool it is that we are all here because we want to serve the Lord! We all came here for different reasons but the fact that we are all here because we want to be servants of the Lord just is beautiful to me. I love this work.

Hannah's District

I love the teachers here too. Remember how I said I was teaching Felix? GUESS WHAT? He is totally my teacher now! His name is Hermano Byers. Hands down mi favorita teacher. He is the best. I like him so much because he is SO passionate about being a missionary and serving in every aspect of his life. It is awesome. 

Cool thing that happened this week, I saw one of my dear friends Elder Gavin Brown AGAIN this week! We went to EFY and college together! He is going to Germany! It is such a joy seeing your friends at the MTC! I cannot wait to see my Mare Bear next week! Crazy that Skyline ward will have 2 new sisters out! 

I made my first ever Spanish/English pun. In class one of my teachers, Hermano Croft asked us, "what can we do better to speak Spanish all of class?" I said we need to traba-harder! (If you don't know, the verb Trabajar means to work.) So we made a new word in class. On our white board TRABAJARDER is across the top. Haha so sad, but it totally made my day. It's the little things. 

I have the coolest district in the WHOLE world. We are all brothers and sisters. It is the coolest environment because we are all helping each other learn in a spiritual way. I love everyone. There is an Elder here that is going to be the next Jimmer btw. His name is Elder Dastrup. He is EXACTLY a foot taller than me. Yes, taller. 6'10. I just wanted you to keep your eye out for him in 1.5 years. He is amazing, a spiritual giant too. 

An Elder from my zone, Elder Hall, is so great at playing the piano. Yesterday he played two of my all time favorite songs! He played Dawn (Pride & Prejudice) and the theme from UP. It was awesome to listen to a few things :) We listen to motab cada la dia. We have been loving listening to that music. 

Spanish is going well. I had a slight breakdown the other day. But, I have been teaching completely en español so that has been good. I had the best discussion with Jose and Hely yesterday. It was completely in Spanish and it went really well. Heavenly Father has been helping me out a ton. It is awesome.I love being a missionary so much. It is so much fun. It is hard work but it is beyond worth it. I am so happy to be here and I am looking forward to going to Argentina! 


A picture of Hannah's lesson plan in Spanish.....looks just like her!

Thank you for all the love and support! LOVE you all! 


Hermana Murphy


Looks like Hannah was finally able to figure out her camera download situation.  Yay!  Here are a few that she sent.  Enjoy!


 Hannah eating lunch with her Zone on the Main Campus

 Hannah said, "Every mom needs this photo for something!"  haha

Hermana Wilson and Hermana Murphy at the Provo Temple

Apparently Hannah found another "Sister Murphy"

3 comments:

  1. Awww...I love this girl!! I love what she writes about and the pictures she takes too! Hooray for finding another Sister Murphy - hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I goggled my Daughters name and found her photos on your blog. She is Hermana Shumway she is going to Salta Argentina. I loved reading your daughters letters and seeing a different perspective of what My daughter is doing. My Daughters letters can be read at http://hermanashumeay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete