Monday, January 18, 2016

Week #77 - "You Know Who the Author Is"

Hannah and Hermana Ehlert
I did divisions in my area with a cute sister from Honduras. She is so awesome. Okay, I think I shared a little bit about my fav investigator Lorena a couple of weeks ago... but anyways remember her for a minute.

Okay, we were contacting as we were heading home on Tuesday last week and started talking to a lady named Maria. We talked with her and then sang her a song. As we were leaving, I felt impressed to ask her for a reference. (Just fyi that never happens. they all say the same things like everyone needs to hear the word of god and that they have no idea who needs a message....) so we asked her and she actually gave us one! She told us that there was a lady a few house down that liked talking about God with people.

We go to her house the next day and she says, you are the people that are visiting my daughter! And we asked her who her daughter was.... and you’ll never guess who it is!!!! IT´S LORENA. She said that they were talking the night before about us and she said that she wanted visits from us.

We ended up teaching her and she is a really cool lady. She understands a lot about God but she cannot read. We are being creative and teaching with a LOT of pictures. We are REALLY excited about this.

It really was an AMAZING experience. Ah. I was able to chat a little with President Lapierre on Saturday and I told him about this experience that happened to us. He looked at me and said: “That is an awesome story. You know who the author is.”
Really, the author was Heavenly Father. He was working through people here so that His other daughter, the mother of Lorena could hear about the gospel. He listened to us.

Hannah received the following email and picture from the wife of her mission president, Dottie Lapierre.  I thought it was sweet.......so I am including it here. 

“ Thanks, so much for the snickerdoodles, We enjoyed them for our dessert Saturday night.Thanks, too for letting me talk on and on like an old lady, ooooo wait, I almost am!    YIKES!!
Thought you might like another photo. You were pretty far away when I thought to take the picture.  It´s pixelated when enlarged but the idea is so cute. I love that Hna Ehlert has turned to talk to you, Hna Murphy. Missions, they are wonderful.
Love you to the Mission Home and back :O)  Hna Lapierre”



Isn’t that sweet, “Love you to the Mission Home and Back.”  That’s enough to melt a missionary mom’s heart!!  

Also, not to be gross..........I was given these pictures of the worm that came out of Hannah's companions arm a couple of weeks ago.  SO SO SO VERY GROSS!!


And......if you remember the "Cockroach in the bathroom story".......here is a little visual representation of that fun experience from Hannah:


Since I ended this email with two gross things, I will leave you with a beautiful picture of where Hannah is currently living to redeem myself:



No comments:

Post a Comment